MVESD Parent-Teacher Conferences - Reminder
Thursday (2/10/2022) Early-Release Schedule
Friday (2/11/2022) No School For Students
If you haven't already, please call your child's school and schedule an appointment.
MVESD District Calendar - https://5il.co/qbl6
Parent-Teacher Conference Checklists
Before the conference
- Ask your child how she/he feels about school.
- Ask your child if there is anything that he/she wants you to talk about with his teacher.
- Tell your child that you and the teacher are meeting to help with their experience in school.
- Make a list of topics that you want to talk about with the teacher.
- Prepare a list of questions such as:
- 1. What are my child's strongest and weakest subjects?
- 2. Does my child hand homework in on time?
- 3. Does my child participate in class?
- 4. Does my child seem happy at school?
- 5. What can I do at home to help?
During the conference
- Be on time (or early) for the meeting.
- End the meeting on time. Other parents will probably have a conference after yours.
- Relax and be yourself.
- Stay calm during the conference.
- Ask the most important questions first.
- If your child receives special services such as English classes, ask about your child's progress in those classes.
- Ask for explanations of anything you don't understand
- Ask your child's teacher for ways that you can help your child at home.
- Thank the teacher.
After the conference
- Talk about the conference with your child.
- Talk about the positive points, and be direct about problems.
- Tell your child about any plans you and the teacher created.
- Keep in touch with the teacher during the school year.